Top DLF officials, including chairman Kushal Pal Singh and vice-chairman Rajiv Singh, on Thursday met finance ministry officials to press for a lowering of interest rates on housing loans to ease the liquidity squeeze in real estate.
A source told DNA Money, “The DLF executives were also pushing for declaring real estate an industry rather than just a sector.”
Indian real estate is the second-largest employer in the country and the downward spiral of the realty market would severely impact the Indian growth story.”
The Delhi-based developer wants the ministry to ask the Reserve Bank of India to ease norms for bank lending to real estate firms.
Most banks have stopped giving loans to developers as they consider the real estate market risky at moment. This has forced realtors to raise funds from private investors and other sources with interest rates as high as 30%, way above the 13-15% they are paying on their outstanding debt to banks. To read more, please, visit - DNA
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups