There will be only a slight deceleration:India's growth story will continue despite a slight deceleration, but there will be no recession as in some advanced economies, Reserve Bank Governor D Subbarao said on Saturday. (photo: AP / J. Scott Applewhite)
"India's growth will continue and even if there is some moderation, it will only be a modest moderation. But it will not be a recession...there will only be a slight deceleration," Subbarao said.
Pegging GDP growth for FY'09 at 7.5-8 per cent, he said, this was "our best growth estimate", even though there were other estimates ranging from 7.2-8.7 per cent.
As India's growth is mainly driven by domestic demand and consumption, the country would be less affected by the global financial turmoil but it would not go completely unscathed, Subbarao said.
Justifying RBI's cautious credit policy announced on Friday, Subbarao said that as a central bank, it had to balance price and financial stability with growth as inflation, though declining, continued to be a matter of concern. To read more, please, visit - Daily News & Analysis
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar