The real concern should be the following two years, when a global recession will bite deeply. But short-term challenges remain. Here are some challenges and suggested policy responses—the theme being, fix only the actual problems and tackle them closest to the source.
SolvencyProviding ample liquidity avoids creating artificial insolvencies, but some institutions may genuinely have to go to the wall if their assets, properly valued, do not cover liabilities. One area of vulnerability is the real estate sector.
Other sectors where investment has been aggressive may also see weaker firms face problems. India has no proper bankruptcy laws. A potential crisis may be an opportunity to create some streamlined procedures for restructuring.
There will be secondary effects on the banking sector if real estate and other loans start going bad, and loosening monetary policy may provide a cushion. Essentially, RBI has to try to engineer as soft a landing as possible from the real estate bubble. To read more, please, visit - livemint.com
Related Stories:1) Be ready to pay as much as 40% own contribution upfront if you are planning to buy a home on a bank loan
("No Own Contribution if You Give ADF!"
Blackship Infrastructure's exclusive offer for it's Mega Township 'Black Hole' at Kalewadi!
- subscribe to read my next blog!)
2) Can our banks weather the financial crisis? - PSM Rao
3) Vijaya Bank moves to control home loan defaults
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups