The Reserve Bank of India slashed its key rates and the federal government took a slew of measures on Friday as part of a second stimulus package aimed at spurring growth in Asia's third-largest economy.The central bank cut the repurchase rate, or repo rate, by one percentage point to 5.5% with immediate effect.
'Even as some public sector and private sector banks have cut lending rates in response to the Reserve Bank's monetary policy stance, concerns over rising credit risk together with the slowing of economic activity appear to have moderated credit growth,' the RBI said.
The RBI also lowered the reverse repurchase rate by one percentage point to 4% to discourage banks from parking their surplus funds with the central bank.
The cash reserve ratio, or the proportion of deposits banks must set aside as cash, was trimmed by half a percentage point to 5% for the fortnight beginning Jan. 17, which will free up 200 billion rupees ($4.1 billion) in the banking system.
To read more, please, visit - Neelabh Chaturvedi and Mukesh Jagota - WSJ.com
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups