Sunday, November 7, 2010

New realty funds - not suitable for all!

However, real estate funds are for investors who already have savings parked in other asset classes and also have allocable surplus in hand. As Mr Mahadevan states, “for a 22-year-old guy who is looking to own his property, a real estate fund cannot be viewed as a substitute”.

While real estate funds may help investors do away with the hassle of locating a good property to invest, offer diversification and avoid the legal impediments involved, they remain a ‘medium to high risk' investment option.

Mr Sunil Rohakale, Executive Director, ASK Investment Holdings, feels that it is important for investors to assimilate the fund strategy besides knowing key clauses tied to such funds. Real estate funds typically come with a 5-8 year lock-in, which makes them illiquid. The structure, fee and payout patterns in these products are also complex. Read More

Feel free to call me:


I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so, i do not charge anything for the first 3 minutes!) Call +919860044110

If you like to chat, join me, RaviKarandeekarsBlogs on Google Talk.

Yes, my email id is RaviKarandeekarsBlogs@gmail.com Feel free to write. I reply as soon as i can.

Join me on Google Buzz at
http://www.google.com/profiles/ravi.karandeekar


Subscribe for Free!


To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog

For my blogs on real estate projects near Hinjewadi, real estate investment, advertising and other related topics, please, visit and join my Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group

No comments:

Post a Comment